- 2 organic avocados cut into pieces
- 1 cup Quinoa, red or tri-colored
- 1 medium tomato, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- Fresh Basil Leaves, torn or minced
- 1/3 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of two Limes
- Sea Salt/Himalayan Salt & Pepper to taste
*Always rinse Quinoa thoroughly prior to using to remove the toxic residue that this seed produces.
Add rinsed quinoa to two cups of water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 12-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed and seeds have opened (as they will expose a tail that should be curled not straight as this would be the indication that you’ve cooked them too long). Cool completely.
Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small mixing bowl with a whisk. Mix all remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Toss with the dressing and serve room temperature or chilled.
As I always recommend, use only fresh, organic ingredients when possible and adjust ingredients to your liking and taste. Enjoy!
Vibrant Health~Vibrant Life
Holistic Health Practitioner