Mangos have been used for centuries as medicine and food because they contain vitamins A, C and D along with beta-carotene to remove toxins, treat anemia, and heal the nervous system. Mangoes have a high ORAC score because of their high levels of natural antioxidants Research has shown they can improve heart, lower blood sugar and lipid levels, act as a mild diuretic, and there is some evidence that they can prevent tumor growths in some cancers.
Quinoa (KEEN-wah) is often referred to as a supergrain, due to it’s high fiber content and high-quality protein. One of the best reasons to enjoy quinoa is because it has a high-protein content, which makes it an excellent cholesterol-free and low-fat source especially for vegetarians and vegans. In fact, it contains more protein than any other grain, while also packing in iron and potassium. This superfood is classified as a whole grain and is naturally gluten-free. It cooks up like rice and has a mild, nutty flavor and a light, texture similar to rice or couscous. You can find it next to other grains in health-food stores and many supermarkets.
- 1 large Chicken Breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 Cup Mango, cubed
- 1/2 Cup Peas
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Carrots, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk or other nut milk
- 1 Tsp. Ginger
- 2 Tsp. Curry, or more to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp. Cumin, or more to taste
- 1 Tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Organic Quinoa
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- Sea Salt to taste
- In a small pot, bring vegetable broth to a boil and cook quinoa according to package directions, then cover to keep warm and set aside.
- In a blender add mango, almond or nut milk, ginger, curry, cumin and salt, then blend until creamy to make a sauce, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil, garlic, onions, carrots, peas and chicken cooking for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mango curry sauce, stirring frequently, and cook just long enough to warm the sauce.
- Dish out quinoa onto plates, top with Mango Curry mixture and serve.
Nutritional Facts: (Serves 2)
- 483.5 Calories
- 12g Fat
- 56g Carbs
- 38g Protein
Vibrant Health~Vibrant Life
Holistic Health Practitioner