- 4 large carrots, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup/3 oz/90 g arugula (rocket)
- 1 bunch of spinach leaves
- Pink salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C/gas 5.
- Place the carrots in a mixing bowl and add ½–1 tablespoon olive oil, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and toss until the carrots are evenly coated.
- Spread the carrots out on a roasting pan and roast in the oven for 25–30 minutes until browned. Give the carrots a stir halfway through.
- Prepare the simple lemon dressing by mixing the lemon juice with the remaining olive oil and salt to taste.
- Remove the carrots from the oven, combine with the greens and avocado, and toss with the dressing. Serve and enjoy!